INSTA

Monday, April 12, 2010

Official Fashionieceta.





Did you miss me? ;)

Once again, it's been a while, but now that I have my computer we are back in action... and we're back in action in more ways than one.


The Big Man made yours truly an official employee on the first of this month. I am now the Junior Marketing Coordinator, working for PR three days a week, and marketing for the other two. It is the most rewarding feeling I have experienced thus far. I am an official Fashionieceta.

Last Sunday, I was at the Badgley Mischka showroom helping dress models for bridal appointments. The appointments consisted of buyers from different stores coming in to see the new line for Fall 2010. These buyers had the option to have the models try on any dress they wanted so they could see how the dress was made to fit. At 1pm and 3pm, press came into the showroom. Instead of buyers sitting down and flipping through the book, having someone explain every part of the dress to them, seats are set up, and the models walk out and do a mini show, with someone calling out the names of the dress. With press, there are editors from magazines and photographers taking pictures as the girls walk out. Behind the press are me, Mark Badgley, and James Mischka dressing the two girls, zipping them up in dress after dress.



Mark and James came for the second round of press, and before they had gotten there, I had been tying a certain bow on a dress really well. Of course once Mark and James were back dressing the girls with me, that dress comes up, I try to do my perfect bow, and I look at James, he looks at the bow and said, "That's awful." And it was. All I could do was laugh quietly and tell him that I had been doing it perfectly every time before he got there! Then again, what 19 year old girl can say that they had James Mischka tell them that the bow they tried to tie on their very own Badgley Mischka dress was terrible? Insult or compliment, it's kind of cool. What isn't cool is the open blister I have on my finger from zipping those two models up for seven hours.





There are so many exciting things coming up and new projects to share with all of my readers. I cannot wait to share them with you and hear your feedback.



I'd like to dedicate this entry to The Big Man and Fashionaunta for making all of this possible. I wouldn't be here without you two, so thank you from the bottom of my heart.

photography by my favorite duo: Brakhax2
Eddie & Moshe Brakha
to see more of their work- www.brakhax2.com

Until next time..

XXO- Fashionieceta

www.twitter.com/fashionieceta

No comments:

Post a Comment