INSTA

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Frustrated Fashionieceta.



I woke up Fashionieceta frustrated this morning, and I would more than love to share the reasoning behind it. Lauren Conrad just had a book released that wasn't written by her, but that she took credit for. It made New York Times' Best Seller List, and now the rights were just bought to make it into a movie. I give the girl major kudos for making it this big, but I will never understand how she did it. At fourteen, I hung around a Bongo shoot where the cast of Laguna Beach was modeling. LC was lifeless. She didn't say a word, she never made a facial expression. Now, she's a designer, owns her own clothing lines, has a book that she didn't write that is now being turned into a movie, and just quit her reality TV show that was paying her $100,000 per episode. Last September, I worked as a stylist assistant with LC and Lo Bosworth on a Seventeen cover shoot. She was a nice girl, but nobody to gush over. LC seemed to talk more than when she was mute three years prior, and seemed to have amplified confidence. She also rubbed me the wrong way when I heard how belittling she talked towards Lo by calling her names like "Sweetie" and "Honey" and talking to her like she was five years old and slyly making sure that Lo's outfits were not as spectacular as her own. The following February, I was fortunate enough to work as a stylist assistant on the cover shoot for Cosmopolitan with LC again. She was easy to work with, talkative, and this time a little bit more personable. I respect her for making herself somebody out of nobody, but still can't seem to comprehend the big hype on her. Looking at all of this from my personal viewpoint only makes me feel more motivated to make something out of my life, similar to the way she has. However, I will still remain perplexed as to how she got to where she is now.


Yesterday I left work early to be with my youngest cousin, Cammy, while the rest of the family secretly went to the Yankee game. I took her to dinner at a place she had requested to go to on the island. She is six years old, and her plate alone was $25. I have never personally spent quality time with her as I did yesterday, but it was thoroughly enjoyable.











Lately at Iconix, I have been doing a lot of arranging. Yes, it's not the exciting work that usually takes place, but it needs to get done and that is partially why I am here. Undoubtedly, I will have exciting news to write about soon. I would also like to add, that the Big Man informed me a few weeks ago that I could stay longer here at Iconix. Grateful is an understatement for this opportunity, and I am so excited to learn and experience even more.






Until next time...


XXO- Fashionieceta.


No comments:

Post a Comment