INSTA

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Macklemore Is F*$#ing Awesome

Follow the formula: violence, drugs, and sex sells/
So we try to sound like someone else/
This is not Californication,
There's no way to glorify this pavement/
Syrup, Percocet, and an eighth a day
Will leave you broke, depressed, and emotionally vacant/
Despite how Lil Wayne lives, 
It's not conducive to being creative,
And I know.. cause he's my favorite.
And I know cause I was off that same mix/
Rationalizez the shit that I'd try after I listen to Dedication,
But he's an alien.
-Macklemore


I had the opportunity to go to the Macklemore show in MSG tonight on behalf of Buffalo David Bitton, and I have to say I think I'm in love. I rocked Buffalo head to toe- my jacket and my jeans were #InTheBuff which I could maybe say every day lately. You can tell he's a good dude with true talent that has good intentions he'll utilize with his influential power. He has a live band which always gets me going, and he sounds just as good live as he does in a studio production. My respect for artists sky rocket when I get to leave their show inspired. The above quote was the one that stood out to me the most tonight. I think it's mostly because I've been such a fan of Weezy for so long.. I remember wanting to write to him when he was in jail (yikes).  I guess it was the reference to an artist I once appreciated so deeply mixed with the message of his path to realizing that he doesn't need all of those vices to be creative. It definitely speaks volumes. 


Macklemore and Ryan Lewis are the first to partner with Buffalo's Blank Check Series where we sponsor artists on various platforms to produce content on behalf of the brand. Click here to read more from WWD's article about the partnership. 

XXO-
@alanasue



No comments:

Post a Comment