INSTA

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

AMERICAN GIRL | Starring Stevie Steel

Tonight, I saw the first short film that moved me.

As some of you may know, I work as a Junior Marketing Manager at an amazing company called Iconix. Not only am I so honored to be following the footsteps of an idol, my Aunt Dari, but I'm thankful to come from such a gifted family. Tonight, my cousin and I joked about the SAT's. I truly believe that college, this system after high school, and whatever comes after, is optional. It's not about degree's anymore. It's about art, chasing the feelings that excite you, and following your dreams. 

I couldn't be more proud of my cousin, Stevie Steel, who stepped out of her comfort zone and genuinely surprised me with this act. The character she plays is so polar opposite of who she is in real life that I am really taken back at her ability to grasp this character. Take a few minutes of your time to watch this short film that was done a little over a year ago. For those of you who don't know me, my cousin has been like a sister to me through my upbringing. She's spent her whole life following her heart.

I love you, Stevie, I'm so proud of you.


XXO,

@alanasue

No comments:

Post a Comment