INSTA

Monday, August 17, 2009

Fashionieceta Freekend

They say time flies when you're having fun, and I'm having a blast. Friday was your Fashionieceta's first day of the weekend, and I doubt it's what you expected. You wouldn't expect a Fashionaunta to own two peking ducks, would you? Well, she does. So Friday, after I woke up at 10a.m. instead of 7a.m., I joined her on her search for a new pool and feeding fish for Daffy and Lily (the two ducks). Not something you would expect me to tell you after the week of work I had, is it? To be honest, I wouldn't have picture myself doing it either.


In the midst of our duck necessity hunt, I found the most adorable little guinea pig I have ever laid eyes on. I named him Rasta and have kept him in my heart since.


For the rest of the day, I took full advantage of the pool and sun and finally transformed from a pasty white, to a nice glow.


Saturday was my first adult night out in NYC. This was the start of the days I have been anticipating my entire life. I got dressed up, and ready to go out with my cousin who is two years my senior. We ended up on St. Marks Place, starving. As a result, we went to a newer Japanese restaurant that looked like it could have been some kind of night club. When we asked the waitress what type of soda's they carried, her response was "The regular kinds." At that moment, I almost lost all class and slapped her pad of paper out of her hands. Struggling, I asked her kindly to name them. We ordered the most adult like drink; orange soda.


After our meal, we meandered around the area. We stopped at 2nd avenue & 10th to see one of the most obscure things I have ever seen in person. There were six people in the back of an art cluttered truck that were half naked, or covered in paint splattered or ripped up clothing. At first glance anyone could swear that these people were the farthest thing from sober. Around us were artists planted in front of the scene with they're paper, water colors, pastels, pencils, and crayons. I then whipped out my Nikon D300 and started to take pictures. As the people in character started moving, it became it's own show. Out of the six artists, they ranged in age from early twenties to a seventy year old man. When I noticed the old man, I wanted to regurgitate my Japanese dinner and orange soda. Unfortunately, his not so precious jewels were hanging out of his costume. It became its own comedy show mixed with art. The more these people posed in obscene ways, the more pictures I took.


The original photographer had clarified that these people were 100% sober and asked me to e-mail him the pictures I took due to his camera being out of service and out of the state. He mentioned that he would like to use my pictures for the company website. I'm flattered! During these three hours, my cousin and I befriended a striving director, and three European visitors that we instantly had a very enjoyable time with. After the show, we walked along 2nd avenue until we saw a stranger that could take our group picture. It turns out that this stranger was locked out of his friends apartment until he returned. So, out of the kindness of our hearts we invited him to coffee with us. We sat at Duncan Donuts as a group of seven in what seemed to be a little bit of an awkward conversation with the new guy who came off as if he was picking apart everything we said. Not to our surprise, a few minutes later, he had an excuse to leave. We carried on as our spunky group and laughed our asses off about stale donuts and my cousins attempt to learn Italian.


Then, straight out of the movie 'Never Been Kissed', our estranged stranger friend walked by Duncan Donuts again in the direction of where he found him, but this time with his own little clique. We all acknowledged his presence and said his name in an enthusiastic manner. He looked at us as if he were Guy and we were the Denominators that he could never associate himself with. Funny how that works, right?


Sunday morning was the hottest morning I have ever dealt with in my life and schlepping an overnight bag around New York City was not what I consider ideal in 95 degrees. One thing I have to get used to; New York weather. Bloomingdales on 59th and Lexington was where I made the switch from one cousin to the next and it was also a place where I could escape the scorching heat and finally have a sense of proper breathing.


Later on Sunday, I met up with a friend that I haven't seen for a while. He just recently moved to New York and has his first place to himself. In search for a love sack (a large beanbag), we conveniently found ourselves next to a Bed, Bath & Beyond. The purpose of our entry was for necessities only. Now, obviously a fashionieceta loves to shop for almost anything, and shopping for a new place is exciting! However, my male friend acted as if he were a crazed woman in a sample sale. It got to the point where I had to physically guide him out of the store before we clocked two hours. It's okay, we all have our moments.

When we got back to his place, we merged with five other friends of his and they made me feel right at home. It was the perfect Sunday night to watch Entourage and Family Guy and prepare for my second week of work starting the next day.


Not too bad for my first weekend in the Fashionieceta world.



Until later.

XXO- Fashionieceta.


P.S.

more pictures to be posted later.



No comments:

Post a Comment