INSTA

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fashionieceta Wed: Week 3

I wish that I could stay calm and collected for this one, but I'm simply too excited. Fashionaunta and I were walking towards the office and I saw a huge light in the middle of the street. Walking into our building, we saw that there was something being filmed directly in front of the office. When I asked Herman, the lobby doorman, if he knew what was going on, he told me they were filming 'Ugly Betty'. One of my FAVORITE shows! Freaking. Out.






On the way back from getting coffee in the lobby across the street, Mr. Lobby was behind his desk. "Is it warmer in here today?" he asked. I told him I was only walking through today because it's going to be 90 degrees. His reply, "Oh, so now you're taking advantage, huh?"-- Exactly, Mr. Lobby, you know me so well.


There have been clothing items and merchandise sitting around the office, along with the PR closet being completely congested since before I arrived at Iconix. So, today was the big clean up day. Sounds boring, right? To be honest, it really wasn't. That's probably because I got a lot of nice things in the process. I haven't had a new bathing suit in three years and today I was allowed to take really cute Rampage bathing suits that are adorable. Too bad summer is coming so close to its end. I'm very grateful for everything that I'm able to take home today! Yet another plus to working at Iconix.


Today there was a pizza party for an intern's last day. Personally, I've never seen her since I've been here, but I can't complain because I got to eat my first slice of New York pizza since my arrival. Fashionaunta decided that since the whole office was together, it would be a good opportunity to have a creative meeting about London Fog and Charisma. Just as this conversation died down, we had a special guest walk in! None other than the Big Man himself. Now, I was told not to write about this, but where is the fun in this if I don't tell you things I'm not allowed to? Somehow over our pizza discussion, a co-worker mentioned that there are laws in each state about how much nipple and how much buttcrack you're allowed to show legally. Interesting. The Big Man wasn't included in this conversation...


The majority of the rest of my day here at Iconix was spend working on the PR closet and returns from magazines. However, Abby decided to take me across the street to the next avenue to the Badgley Mischka showroom. We went there to pick out dresses that can be gifted to celebrities at our fashion show. When we arrived, Sandra Lee was hugging an employee goodbye. I only learned of Sandra Lee a few days ago, so I really wasn't familiar with who she was when she was in front of me not too long ago.


It's about 5:45 and I just got back to the office. Currently waiting for Fashionaunta to say the words so we can head back to Long Island.


Just a heads up, I'm staying in my lovely cousin Geri's apartment in NYC while she goes out of town this weekend. I sincerely hope that my peers make Fashionieceta Freekend 3 the best yet. No pressure.


Until tomorrow.


XXO- Fashionieceta.

No comments:

Post a Comment