INSTA

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fash Hashanah






Thursday night I had spent the night with Tessa at the Fordham dorms. I woke up Friday morning, and on my way to work, Fashionaunta sent me a picture of a sign that said "SATC 2" with an arrow. Sex and the City 2 is being filmed right next to our house on Long Island! That wasn't the only cool news I got. I was told I could leave the office at 2 o'clock and head home for Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year. Sounded great!

Saturday morning I woke up at the crack of dawn to catch an 8:30a.m. train. The reason for this was due to the fact that I had an old friend that I went to school in Baltimore, Maryland with coming to visit me for the day. I had not seen her in three years! We're going to call her Free, because she is yet another Jessica here on the east coast. I met Free at Penn Station, and we went to Geri's so I could shower and get ready for my day.


After I was ready, we headed to the subway, got off at Time Square, and walked up to 5th Avenue in search of dresses for an event that Free has coming up. We went to my favorite store Zara, H&M, another H&M, and stopped into little stores along the way. We found one store that had extremely cute clothing for the cheapest I have ever seen in Manhattan. Instead of buying one dress, Free bought two! Great deals. In the midst of this, Fashionaunta called me. She was at Temple for Rosh Hashanah, and asked me if I would like her to throw some bread into the water to clear any of my sins. I then thought back to the stripper I had in her house three weeks prior, and quickly responded "Yes, please".



Free and I literally shopped until we dropped. By the time we were making it back to Geri's apartment, our feet couldn't lift up when we walked. Our feet were sliding across the cement sidewalks and across the pavement of the streets. About an hour of rest later, we decided to go to the burger place that I had been to with Model Jon, where two men had been beating each other up on the sidewalk right outside with everyone simply standing and watching, not caring enough to help. The place was worth going back to, and this time there were no street fights. At 7:30, I bid farewell to Free and sent her on her double-decker bus back to Maryland.



The rest of the weekend was spent with Tessa, and dealing with crazy, delusional college peers of hers. After the craziness died down, the rest of the weekend was spent eating more great New York food until it was time for Tessa to return to school to get homework done, and for me to head back to the island. I fell asleep watching the Emmy's on Sunday night with my Bubbie, who then kicked me out of her room when they were over. However, Kara Dioguardi looked absolutely stunning in her white Badgley Mischka dress!









Until next time...



XXO- Fashionieceta.


No comments:

Post a Comment