INSTA

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fashionieceta's First Fashion Week

Okay, so the other night as I said, I had dinner with my cousins. We went to Wildwood BBQ on 18th and Park. It was a very enjoyable group, lots of smiling, lots of love in a table of just six. The fact that I will be able to do this frequently is exciting in itself. HOWEVER- As I was eating my half rack of baby back ribs, I found a very fine piece of short hair. After a discreet bitching, my cousin Geri had convinced me it wasn't a big deal. I put that rib aside, and continued onto another. I found another fine, short hair. Geri then tried to tell me it was the brush that the chef was using. I don't care where it was from, the fact that I had now found two hairs in my food was enough to make me pitch a mini fit. All of my cousins, the waitress, and the manager talked to me. The manager told me that the chef was using a new brush for the ribs and that it was clearly shedding. For some reason, after triple assurance that it was the brush that the chef was using, I was still convinced that it was the chef's chest hair.


Yesterday morning, getting off of the LIT bus, I saw the tent's in Bryant Park completely set up, people in all black standing outside, lights, and a news van outside of the park. Fashion Week has started, and I cannot even begin to describe the rush of excitement that shot through my body, seeing all of this right before my eyes.

It had been one of those days where I feel an unexplainable happiness and fortune for the events and opportunities that come my way. In the morning, I went with Abby to the Badgley Mischka showroom to pick out dresses that we could lend to the celebrities that are attending our show. The celebrities are the following: Paula Abdul, Alexa Ray Joel, Tea Leoni, Jill Hennessy, Ana Ortiz, Fran Drescher, Erin Lucas, Kara Dioguardi, Tamara Tunie, and Kelly Rowland. We also selected two dresses for Erin Kaplan from 'The City' to wear to the VMA's this weekend. While doing this, I spotted the dress that I wore to prom and sadly had to return, next to the dress that Kellie Pickler wore to last year's Badgley Mischka fashion show. As cool as that is, it only gets better. Mark Badgley and Jamese Mischka were in the office today. Since I had seen my dress, I told Mark that I saw it in the back. He asked which one it was, and after I described it, I showed him pictures on Facebook from the event. Mark thought that the dressed looked great, and called James over who then agreed. I sat there trying my best to play it cool, but inside I was freaking out thinking "What other girl from my prom could say she sat down and showed the designer of her dress pictures?!" Lucky. Very lucky.

Next stop was Sequin. Inside of Sequin were the most vibrant colors, tons of amazing jewelry, cats, and rabbits. I was fortunate enough to meet the owner, her brother, and cousin. Abby and I were like two kids in a candy store in the equivalent of Disneyland for jewelry, picking out options for celebrities and staff to wear to the show. But of course, we have to give it back. I chose a beautiful yellow necklace for myself to wear! I had to scoot from Sequin earlier than Abby to run Erin Kaplan's dresses over to the building Elle is located in on Broadway between 50th and 51st.




I lunched with Model Jon, Lars, Sing, and Sing's friend Sam, and downed Subway for the second day in a row. Because it is Fashion Week, Sing and I didn't take our full break and came back up to the 8th floor a little earlier. We worked on RSVP's until Abby kidnapped me to the Badgley Mischka showroom again. Kara Dioguardi was coming into the office to chose a Badgley Mischka dress to wear to our Spring 2010 show on TUESDAY, so we had to set dresses and jewelry up to look presentable. Kara was so beautiful, stylish and genuine. There was a man in his forties that was accompanying Kara. He was buzz-bald, tall, wearing a pink button-down shirt, with blue jeans. Who was he? He was her business partner, manager, videographer, photographer, and friend. The funny thing is, this dude was more of a diva than Kara. Weird, right? I thought so. Abby and I tried making small talk with him, but he seemed to look at us in a confused, yet demeaning manner with every response he gave us. Almost two hours later, I returned to the office to finish up a few RSVP calls and before I knew it, it was time to leave.




Hello, Fashion Week.


XXO- Fashionieceta








1 comment:

  1. your dress was absolutely stunning, as were you! miss you xo alexa

    ReplyDelete