INSTA

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fatigued Fashionieceta


President Obama is in town this week, so Fashionaunta and I arrived to work much later than usual. Igor, our very passionate bus driver, was stuck in traffic and by the look on his face, it seemed to be quite devastating. For me, it fit into my new narcoleptic schedule brilliantly, because I received a few extra minutes to sleep on our morning bus ride. My day yesterday was spent tabbing our company's magazine ads for Abby, and checking to see if all of the invoices were in each brand's section of the Fall 2009 folder. Today, I'll be filing them in excel worksheets to figure out percentages. A little different than RSVP voicemail's and seating arrangement calls.

When lunch time came, I walked down to Cafe Duke. I browsed around, taking in the delicious smell of everything that was cooking, or had just been cooked. At that point, I felt so hungry that I could have gotten a clear to-go box and stuffed everything from the buffet in there. But then, I thought about how they had opened a new Baja Fresh directly across the street from the office, and considered going there. Last week, Baja Fresh opened. I was so excited that I went and ate it for lunch three days in a row. Baja is simply just THAT GOOD. I walked out of Cafe Duke and into Baja Fresh. Then I looked back to Cafe Duke. I was really putting myself in what I guess people would call "a pickle". I walked back and forth twice, until I finally decided to get a salad of my creation from Cafe Duke. It wasn't that good. I'm also thrilled that I went through all of that confusion and stress from indecisiveness only to find out that there was a spectacular lunch on the 4th floor. Although, I did enjoy my lunch time with Sing and Coco very much.


When we returned to the office, immediately at 2 there was a "Back to School" meeting, hosted by Kenneth, the VP of Marketing. We had a slide show presented to us of the comparisons of spending for 'Back to School' supplies in 2008-2009. We looked at the different commercials and techniques of advertising produced by different stores such as; Target, Walmart, Kohl's, and Sears. The meeting was definitely informative and educational, but I felt myself fading after sitting in the same spot for over an hour.


We wrapped, and then it was time for me to go start organizing and cleaning up the disaster that had become of what we call our 'Op Closet'. I worked on that and thankfully made visible progress, so today it will be a little easier, but time consuming. On the way home, I fell asleep again, because I seem to catch every moment of sleep that I can lately. 90210 was amazing as always, and Melrose Place put me to sleep. I don't remember much after that.



Until next time.


XXO- Fashionieceta.


No comments:

Post a Comment