INSTA

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Same Fashionieceta, Different Pace.


Iconix has so many people out of the office, it's really a whole different experience. I miss Fashionaunta, and riding in the front of the bus is so not the same without her. Yesterday, I spent an hour and a half on the Badgley Mischka RSVP voicemail. I was jotting down names, affiliations, numbers, and RSVP's the entire time. There were sixty five voicemail's that I had to write down. SIXTY FIVE.


Just when I started to feel myself become drained, the voicemail I needed finally came to me. "Hi, I'm calling from Teen Vogue-". (Could already tell it was an intern) "...and I would like to RSVP 'Yes'- I mean fuck- I would like to RSVP 'No' for..." The girl who sounded like she was fifteen and reading off of a paper slipped the F- Bomb on a high fashion RSVP. Didn't I tell you to keep it classy, New York? Given the fact that that message was number forty-five, it made me laugh hard enough to repeat it five times, and boosted my energy to listen to twenty more.


After I wrote down all of the RSVP's so I could make it easy to enter them into FileMaker, I ran downstairs, and for the first time grabbed lunch and brought it right back up to my desk. I downed my lunch, and prepared to enter sixty-five RSVP's into the computer.


Last night, I was invited to sleep at the Fordham dorms with Tessa and the new Fashionieceta group. I must say, we are all Fashionista's. I mean, would I roll with anything other than Fashionista's?! After I begged them to come to Chipotle with me for an hour, they finally gave in. When I demolished my burrito that was the size of a child, they then realized that I wasn't joking when I told them I was hungry five thousand times in one hour. Since Model Jon's apartment was just four blocks away, we were invited to go and hang out with him and his roommates. These roommates are nothing less than gorgeous... Every single one of them. But that's about it. They're good for viewing purposes, but trying to strike up an intriguing conversation is like trying to get blood from a stone. God just couldn't put amazing looks and amazing brains into one, could he? Thanks, dude.



I woke up, and had to go to 34th and Park, where the Waverly showroom resides on the 28th floor. This morning, we were filming Sandra Lee for the Waverly website. When she walked through the door, she was stunning! The last time I had seen her was in the Badgley Mischka showroom when she was just getting ready to leave, so it was very brief. She came in, and Tara and another woman who was with the film crew threw some highlights at her that they would want her to include for the one minute segment. Personally, if this were my job, I would have to rehearse and go over lines multiple times. Sandra was ready in minutes. The camera started rolling and she was unreal. Every word, every line just came naturally to her. I know that I didn't know what to expect, but I did not expect this! Her professionalism was beyond striking and filled me with an immediate appreciation for her work.


Sing and I had lunch in Bryant Park, where they are already setting up the tents for Fashion Week. It's all becoming so real, and it is very exciting. There wasn't much time left in the day, so I spent the time listening to another thirty voicemail's and then proceeding to enter them into Tara's computer. For those of you who know me personally and have my phone number in your possession, make a "note to self" to never leave me a voicemail, because I have no desire to check them. Ever again.



Until tomorrow.

XXO- Fashionieceta.














1 comment:

  1. alana. youre great. i love the blog almost as much as i love you!

    ReplyDelete